9.27.2026

Keep Working Toward Baptism - WHY SOME HOLD BACK -Continue

 Some who want to please God focus on the cost of doing so. Of course, it is wise to consider the cost of any decision. (Luke 14:27-30) Some, though, worry about the sacrifices they will have to make in order to serve God. Candace, who was raised around the truth, felt that way when she was offered a Bible study as an adult. She says: "I knew what I should be doing for Jehovah, but part of me held back because I enjoyed what I was doing in the world. I knew that it would hard to give up those things." Others are concerned about the high standard of conduct for those who get baptized They worry that after baptism, they will commit a serious sin and be removed from the congregation. If such concerns ae holding  you back, what can you do? 


When we want to buy something, we look not only the cost but also the value. If the value of the item is far greater than the cost, we will likely buy it right away. Likewise, when we consider whether to get baptized, we should focus not sole on the cost of the changes we must make but on the great value of a good relationship with Jehovah. Jesus used two illustrations to teach this point. (Read Matthew 13:44-46.) In each illustration, a man gladly sold all his possessions so that he could buy the valuable item he had found. You too have found something of great value-the truth about the Kingdom. If you wonder whether living in harmony with the truth it worth the effort, think carefully about Jesus' illustrations. You might ask yourself: 'Am I truly convinced of the value of what I have found? Do I treasure my relationship with Jehovah, the hope he has given me, and loving brotherhood?' Depending on your answers, you can focus on building your appreciation for the truth or identifying what is holding you back from acting on what you know. 


Next time: Keep Working Toward Baptism - WHY SOME HOLD BACK - Continue


From the jw.org publications












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.