10.01.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ANDRE' RAMSEYER - GILEAD AND POSTPONED EXPECTATIONS - Conclusion

 The days between assemblies, I showed or film The New York Society in Action in nearby villages. To do so, I would project the film onto a white canvas sheet strung up between two poles or two trees. The villagers loved it! For many, it was the first movie they had ever seen. They applauded with great vigor when they watched the scenes of people getting baptized. That film really helped those who saw it to realize that we were a united worldwide organization. 


After some two years in Africa, I was excited to attend the 1958 international convention in New York City. What a joy to see Sheila, who came down from Quebec, where she was serving as a special pioneer.  We had been corresponding by letter, but now that we were together again, I asked her to marry me, and she accepted. I wrote brother Knorr and asked whether Sheila could attend Gilead and join me in Africa. He agreed. Sheila finally arrived in Ghana. We were married in Accra, on October 3, 1959. We felt that Jehovah had truly blessed us for putting him first in our lives.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ANDRE' RAMSEYER - SERVING TOGETHER IN CAMEROON


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.