10.12.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLET - LIFE DURING THE WAR - Conclusion

 Even before the war ended, our family enjoyed more regular contact with the brothers. In August 1943, Brother Jose'-Nicolas Minet visited our farm to give a talk. He asked, "Who wants to get baptized?" My dad raised his hand and so did I. We got baptized in small river near our farm. 


In December 1944 the German army launched its last major assault on its western front-widely known as the Battle of the Bulg3e. We lived near where the battle was taking place, and we were confined to our cellar for about a month. One day when I stepped out to feed the animals, artillery shells struck the farm, blowing away the barn roof. And American soldier near me cried out, " Lie down!" I ran and lay down near him, and he placed his helmet on my head to protect me.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLET - SPIRITUAL GROWTH


From the jw.org 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.