10.02.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ANDRE' RAMSEYER -LEARNING AN IMPORTANT LESSON

 After several years in the circuit work, we were invited in 1978 to serve at Canada Bethel. Not long after, I learned a painful but important lesson. I was assigned to give a one-and-a -half-hour talk in French at a special meeting in Montreal. Sadly, my talk did not hold the audience's attention, and a brother from the Service Department offered me counsel about it. Frankly, I should have realized then, as I have since, that I am not the most gifted speaker. But I did take the counsel very well. Our personalities seemed to clash. I felt that he was being overly critical-he did not offer any commendation. I made the mistake of judging the counsel based on the way it was given and the way I perceived the person who was giving it.


A few days later, a member of the Branch Committed spoke to me about the matter. I admitted that I had not responded well to the counsel and expressed regret. Next I spoke to the brother who had counseled me. He graciously accepted my apology. That experience became an object lesson in humility that I will never forget. (Proverbs 16:18) I have prayed to Jehovah many times about this, and I am determined never again to view counsel negatively.


I have now been at Canada Bethel for over 40 years, and since 1985, I have had the privilege of serving on the Branch Committee. In February 2021, my dear Sheila fell asleep in death. In addition to coping with her loss, I am facing my own health limitations. But Jehovah's service keeps me busy and happy that I "hardly notice the passing days." (Ecclesiastes 5:20) Although my days have had some challenges, the joys have far outweighed them. Putting Jehovah first in my life and enjoying 70 years in full-time service have been truly rewarding. I pray that our young brothers and sisters continue to put Jehovah first too, for I am convinced that they will also enjoy a rewarding and exciting life that is only possible when we serve Jehovah. 


Next time: Chapters and Verses -Who Put Them in the Bible? 


From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.