12.31.2005

An Encouraging Experience
"When I was a young boy in boarding school, I got involved in homosexual practices, although I never thought of myself as being homosexual. My parents were divorced and I craved the parental affection that I never received. After finishing school, I did compulsory military service. There was a group of homosexuals in the barracks next to mine. I became envious of their life-style, so I started associating with them. After associating with them for a year, I began to think of myself as a homosexual. 'This is the way I am,' I reasoned, 'and I can do nothing about it.'

"I started learning the lingo and going to gay clubs, where drugs and alcohol were freely available. Although outwardly it all seemed very exciting and appealing,it was actually sickening. Deep down I sensed that this kind of relationship was unnatural and had no future.

"In a small town, I came across a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses while the meeting was on. I went in and listened to the talk, which dealt with the future Paradise conditions. Afterward I met some of the Witnesses and was invited to an assembly. I went, and that was a revelation to me-seeing happy families worshipping together. I started to study the Bible with the Witnesses.

"Although it was a struggle for me, I started to apply what I was learning from the Bible. I was able to break free from all my unclean practices. After studying for 14 months, I dedicated my life to Jehovah and was baptized. For the first time in my life, I had real friends. I have been able to help others learn the truth from the Bible, and now I serve as a ministerial servant in the Christian congregation. Jehovah has truly blesssed me.

Next time: We Are Responsible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.