11.27.2006

Should You Investigate Other Religions?

"I had attended Christian meetings for nearly a year, and I enjoyed telling others about God's Kingdom," says Miguel, who is now one of Jehovah's Witnesses in South America. "Then I started listening to religious programs on the radio and watching religious preachers on television. I thought that such programs could help me to understand people of other religions better. I realized that their teachings were not in harmony with the Bible, but I was curious.

In the same land, Jorge was zealous in teaching others about true worship. Yet, at one point, he too began listening to religious radio and television programs. "You need to know what others are thinking," he used to say. When asked about the potential dangers of such exposure to false teachings, he would answer: "Nothing could undermine the faith of one who knows the Bible truth." These experiences raise an important question, is it wise to listen to what others believe?

Next time: Recognizing True Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.