5.18.2022

Lessons We Can Learn From Jesus' Tears

 "Jesus gave way to tears." - JOHN 11:35.


WHEN Was the last time you wept?  Occasionally, we shed tears of joy.  But all too often, we cry because of the anguish in our heart.  For example, we may cry when we lose a loved one in death.  Lorilei,  a sister in the in the United States, wrote"  "There have been moments when the pain of losing my daugther was so intense that nothing seemed to bring me comfort.  In those  moments, I wondered how my broken and crushed heart could keep beating."


We may shed tears for other reasons. Hiromi, a pioneer in Ja[an, confided:  "Now and then I get discouraged by the apathy of the people I meet in the ministry.  Sometimes with tears in my eyes, I ask Jehovah to help me find someone who searching for the truth."


Can you relater to the feeling expressed above? Many of us can.  (1 Peter 5:9) We want to "serve Jehovah with rejoicing," but we may be serving him with tears because of grief, discouragement, or a distressing situation that tests our loyalty to God.  (Psalm 6:6; 100:2)  How can we cope when were are overwhelmed wby such feelings?


We can learn from the example of Jesus.  At times, he too experienced strong emotions that moved him to 'give away to tears.'  (John 11:35; Luke 19"41; 22:44; Hebrews 5:7)  Let us review those events. As we do, we will see what lessons we can learn.   We will also review practical ways we can deal with challenges that bring us to tears.


Next time:Lessons We Learn From Jesus' Tears - TEARS FOR HIS FRIENDS


 From the jw.org publications












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.