3.13.2024

"YOU WILL BE TESTED" - Conclusion

 Judah went on to implore Joseph not to enslave Benjamin. He even offered to become a slave in Benjamin's place. Then he concluded with this heartrending plea:  "How can I return to my father without the boy along with me? I could not bear looking down on when this calamity befalls my father!"  (Genesis 44:18-34) Here, now, was evidence of a changed man. Not only did he show a repentant spirit, but he even showed an admirable degree of empathy, selflessness, and compassion.


Joseph could bear no more. He had to release the emotion that pent up within him.  Dismissing all his servants, he swept so loudly that the sound carried to Pharaoh's palace. Then he revealed himself at last: "I am Joseph your brother."  He embraced his stunned brothers and kindly extended forgiveness for all they had done to him.  (Genesis 45:1-15) He thus reflected the disposition of Jehovah, who forgives generously. (Psalm 86:5) Do we do likewise? 


Next time: "YOU ARE STILL ALIVE"!


From the jw.org publications













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.