5.19.2009

Conclusion of The Illustration Of The Minas

The slave with ten minas pictures a class, or group, of disciples from Pentecost 33 C.E. Until now that includes the apostles. The slave that gained five minas also represents a group during the same time period that , according to their opportunities and abilities, increase their kings' assets on earth. Both groups zealously preach the good news, and as a result, many righthearted ones become Christians. Nine of the slaves did successful business and increased their holdings.

"But," Jesus goes on, "a different one came, saying, 'Lord, here is your mina, that I kept laid away in a cloth. You see, I was in fear of you, because you are a harsh man; you take up what you did not deposit and you reap what you did not sow.' He said to him, 'out of your own mouth I judge you , wicked slave. You knew, did you , that I am a harsh man, taking up what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? Hence why is it you did not put my silver money in a bank? Then on my arrival I would have collected it with interest.' With that he said to those standing by, 'Take the mina from him and give it to him that has the ten minas.'" For the wicked slave, loss of the symbolic mina means loss of a place in the heavenly Kingdom. Yes, he loses the privilege of ruling, as it were, over ten cities or five cities. Note, too, that the slave is not pronounce wicked for any badness he does but, rather, for failing to work for the increase of the wealth of his master's kingdom.

When the wicked slave's mina is give to the first slave, the objection is made: "Lord, he has ten minas!" Yet, Jesus answers: "To everyone that has, more will be given; but from the one that does not have, even what he has will be taken away. Moreover, these enemies of mine that did not want me to become king over them bring here and slaughter them before me." Luke 19:11-27; Matthew 28:19, 20.

Next time: At Bethany, In The House Of Simon


The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, 1991

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.