9.11.2013

Conclusion of "She Has Fallen"

Note: I had to go through hell, just to get into this blog to compose it.  Hell is in the Bible, by the way.  I am able to sign in, but getting to compose a blog is almost impossible lately, for some reason;so, please be patient.  This is not my fault.  Until this situation gets straightened out, I may be late getting these blogs out, if I am able to, at all. But I will persevere, because I am a very stubborn old lady and I do not give up something this important to me and obviously to others out there who read my blogs,  are also important to me to get the truth across to. I have to be honest here. The only true religion is to have God in your life, have faith and trust in God, have his favor, read / accept the truth of the Bibles-King James or New World Translations of the Holy Scriptures; asking for understanding and discernment of these Bibles, and follow what is in it/them,  which are the only ones who actually teach the truth, accept Jehovah God as your true Lord and Savior, get baptized and work for him by being one of his disciples in teaching the True Knowledge of the Bible.


What of Babylon the Great? By engineering the oppression of God's people during World War I, she effectively held them in exile for a time.  Their preaching work was virtually brought to a halt.  The president and other prominent officers of the Watchtower Society were imprisoned  on false charges.  But 1919 saw an astounding reversal.  The officers were released from prison, the headquarters office was reopened, and the preaching work was recommenced.  Thus, Babylon the Great fell in that her hold over God's people was broken.  In Revelation, this fall is twice heralded by an angel using the words of the announcement at Isaiah 21:9. - Revelation 14:8, 18:2.

Isaiah concludes this prophetic message on a note of compassion toward his own people.  He says: "O my threshed ones and the son of my threshing floor, what I have heard from Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, I have reported to you people."  (Isaiah 21:10)   In the Bible, threshing often symbolizes the disciplining and refining of God's people.  God's covenant people will become 'sons of the threshing floor,'  where wheat is forcibly separated from the chaff, leaving only  the refined, desirable grains.  Isaiah is not gloating over this discipline.  Rather, he has compassion for these future 'sons of the threshing floor,'  some of whom will spend their entire lives as captives in a foreign land.

This may serve as a useful reminder to all of us.  In the Christian congregation today, some may be inclined  to lose their compassion for wrongdoers. And those who receive discipline my often be prone to resent it.  However, if we keep in mind that Jehovah disciplines his people in order to refine them, we will neither belittle the discipline and those who humbly undergo it nor resit it when it comes our way. Let us accept as an expression of God's love. -Hebrews 12:6.

Next time: Inquiring of the Watchman

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind,  2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.