2.28.2014

NEBUCHADNEZZAR'S RESTORATIION



Jehovah restored Nebuchadnezzar's sanity at the end of seven times.  Then acknowledging the Most High God, the king said: "At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar lifted up to the heavens my eyes, and my own understanding began  to return to me; and I blessed the Most High himself, and the One living to time indefinite I praised and glorified, because his rulership  is a rulership to time indefinite and his kingdom is for generation after generation.  And all the inhabitants of the earth are being considered as merely nothing, and he is doing according to his own will among the army of the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth.  And there exists no one that can check his hand or that can say to him, 'What have you been doing?' (Daniel 4:34, 35) Yes, Nebuchadnezzar did come to realize that the Most High is indeed the Sovereign Ruler in the kingdom of mankind. 

When Nebuchadnezzar returned to his throne, it was as though the metal bands around the  dream tree's rootstock has been removed.  Concerning his restoration, he said: "At the time my understanding itself began to return to me, and for the dignity of my kingdom, my majesty and my brightness themselves began to return to me; and for me even my high royal officers and my grandees began eagerly searching, and I was reestablished upon my own kingdom, and greatness extraordinary was added to me." (Daniel 4:36)  If any court officials had despised the deranged king, now they were "eagerly searching" for him in complete subservience. 

What "signs and wonders" the Most High God had performed!  It should not surprise us that the restored Babylonian king said: "Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, am praising and exalting and glorifying the King of the heavens because all his works are truth and his ways are justice, and because those who are walking in pride he is able to humiliate." (Daniel 4:2, 37) Such an acknowledgement, however, did not make Nebuchadnezzar a Gentile worshiper of Jehovah. 

Next time: IS THERE SECULAR EVIDENCE?

From the book:  PAY ATTENTION TO DANIEL'S PROPHECY! 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.