3.21.2014

A "VERY DESIRABLE MAN" STRENGTHENED



The message that Jehovah's angel had for Daniel was weighty and complex.  Before Daniel could receive it, he needed help to recover from his physical and metal distress. Apparently aware of this, the angel lovingly gave Daniel  personal assistance and encouragement.  Let us follow Daniel's own narration of what happened.

"While I was hearing the sound of his words, I myself also happened to be fast asleep upon my face, with my face to the earth."  Likely, fear and apprehension had cause Daniel to fall into a stupor.   What did the angel do to help him?  "Look!" said Daniel, "there was a hand that touched me, and it gradually stirred me up to get upon my knees and the palms of my hands."  In addition, the angel encouraged the prophet with these words: "O Daniel, you very desirable man, have understanding in the words that I am speaking to you, and stand up where you were standing, for now I have been sent to you."  The helping hand and the consoling words revived Daniel.  Although he was "shivering," Daniel did "stand up." -Daniel 10:9-11.

The angel pointed out that he has become specifically to strengthen Daniel.  "Do not be afraid, O Daniel," said the angel, "for from the first day that you gave your heart to understanding and humbling yourself before your God you words have been heard, and I myself have come because of your words."  The angel then explained then explained why there had been a delay.  He said:  "But the prince of the royal realm of Persia was standing in opposition to me for twenty-one days, and look! Michael, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I,  for my part, remained there beside the kings of Persia."  With the assistance of Michael, the angel was able to accomplish his mission, coming to David with this most urgent message:  "'I have come to cause you to discern what will befall your people in the final part of the days, because it is a vision yet for the days to come." -Daniel 10:13-14. 

Next time: Continue with A "VERY DESIRABLE MAN" STRENGTHENED

From the book: PAY ATTENTION TO DANIEL'S PROPHECY! 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.