3.21.2014

Continue with A "VERY DESIRABLE MAN" STRENGTHENED


Note: I am not feeling well today. So if you do not see a blog this afternoon or for a day or so, it is because I may have a cold or the flu.  Please be patient I will back on  as soon as I can.  Thank you  for your patience and God Bless You!


Instead of Daniel's being aroused by the prospect of receiving such an intriguing message, it appears that the things he heard had an adverse affect on him.  The account states: "Now when he spoke with me words like these, I had set my face to the earth and had become speechless."  But the angelic messenger was ready to render loving help- a second time. Said Daniel: "Look! one similar to the likeness of the sons of mankind was touching my lips, and I began to open my mouth and speak." -Daniel 10:15, 16a. 

Daniel was strengthened when the angel touched his lips. (Compare Isaiah 6:7)  With his power of speech restored, Daniel was able to explain to the angelic  messenger the hardship he was enduring.  Daniel said:  "O my lord, because of the appearance my convulsions were turned within me, and I did not retain any power. So how was  the servant of this my lord able to speak with this my lord? And as for me up to now there kept standing in me no power, and no breath at all, was left remaining in me." -Daniel 1-0:16b, 17. 

Daniel was not voicing any complaint or making an excuse. He was merely stating his predicament, and the angel accepted his statement.  Thus, for a third time, Daniel was helped by the angelic messenger.  "The one like  the appearance of an earthling man proceeded to touch me again and strengthen me," said the prophet. The messenger followed that energizing touch with these consoling words: "Do not be afraid, O very desirable man.  May you have peace. Be strong, yes, be strong."  That loving touch with those upbuilding words seem to be just what Daniel needed.  The result? Daniel declared:  "As soon as he spoke with me I exerted my strength and finally said: 'Let my lord speak, because you have strengthened me.' "Daniel was not ready for another challenging assignment. -Daniel 10:18, 19. 

Next time: Conclusion of  A "VERY DESIRABLE MAN" STRENGTHENED

From the book: PAY ATTENTION TO DANIEL'S PROPHECY! 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.