12.10.2017

"Is There Injustice With God?" - Why God's Justice Is Superior

Note:  I am sorry that I haven't been able to do my blogs for this week or so.  I have had the flu; today is suppose to be the last day, but the last time, I felt even a little bit better, I got fooled. So please be patient with me, I am truly trying, plus, I have great pain in my shoulder and arm, the one I always use, of course.  Again, I am so sorry. I feel really bad when I can't do these.  



Concerning Jehovah, it can rightly be said:  "All his ways are justice." (Deuteronomy 32:4)  None of us can make such a claim about ourselves, for so often our limited perspective clouds our perception of what is right.  For example, consider Abraham.  He pleaded with Jehovah concerning the destruction of Sodom-despite the rampant wickedness there.  He asked Jehovah: "Will you really sweep away the righteous and the wicked?"  (Genesis 18:23-33)  Of course, the answer is no. It was only when righteous Lot and his daughters arrived safely at the city of Zoar that Jehovah made it rain sulphur and fire" upon Sodom.  (Genesis 19:22-24) In contrast, Jonah became "hot with anger" when God extended mercy to the people of Nineveh.  Since Jonah had already announced their destruction, he would have been content  to see them exterminated-regardless of their heartfelt repentance. -Jonah 3:10-4:1.

Jehovah reassured Abraham that His exercise of justice includes not only destroying the wicked but also but also saving the righteous. On the other hand, Jonah had  to learn that Jehovah is merciful.  If the wicked changed their ways, he is "ready to forgive."  (Psalm 86:5)  Unlike some insecure humans, Jehovah does not administer adverse judgment simply to make a statement about his power, nor does he withhold compassion out of fear that he will be viewed as  weak.  His way is to show mercy whenever there is a basis for it. -Isaiah 55:7; Ezekiel 18:23. 

However, Jehovah is not blinded by mere sentiment.  When his people became steeped in Idolatry, Jehovah firmly declared:   "I will judge you according to your ways."  (Ezekiel 7:3, 4)  So when humans are hardened in their course, Jehovah judges accordingly.  But his judgment is based on solid evidence.  Thus, when a loud "cry of complaint" reached his ears regarding Sodom and Gomorrah, Jehovah stated: "I am quite determined  to go down that I may see whether they act together according to  the outcry over it that has come to me."  (Genesis 18:20, 21)  How thankful we can be that Jehovah is not like many humans who jump to conclusions before hearing all the facts!  Truly, Jehovah is as the Bible depicts him," a God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice." -Deuteronomy  32:4. 

Next time: "Is There Injustice With God?" - Have Confidence in Jehovah's Justice

From the book: Draw Close to Jehovah 






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.