8.05.2018

The End of Prejudice -Do I Harbor Prejudices?



Ask yourself the following questions to analyze whether you might unwittingly be harboring certain prejudices: 

1. Do I assume that people from a certain ethnic background, region, or nation have undesirable traits, such as stupidity, laziness, or stinginess? (Many jokes perpetuate this sort of prejudice.)

2. Do I tend to blame immigrants or people of another ethnic group for my economic or social problems? 

3. Have I allowed my region's historical enmity toward another nation to make me feel animosity toward people from that nation?

4. Am I capable of viewing each person I meet as an individual-irrespective of his skin color, culture, or ethnic background? 

5. Do I welcome the opportunity to get to know people of a cultural background different from  my own?  Do I make the effort to do so?

Next time: A Pocket of Paradise

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.