12.01.2018

Continue with David Is Made King


Saul wakes up. He recognizes David's voice, and asks:  'Is that you, David?'  

'Yes, my lord the king,'  David replies to Saul. And David asks:  'Why are you trying to capture me?  What bad things have I done?  Here is your spear, O king. Let one of you men come and get i.'

'I have done wrong,' Saul admits.  'I have acted foolishly.'  At that David goes his way, and Saul returns home. But David says to himself: 'One of these days Saul will kill me.  I should escape to the land of the Phi-lis'tines.' And that is what he does. David is able to fool the Phi-lis'tines and make them believe that he is now on their side. 

Next time: Conclusion of David Is Made King

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.