12.03.2018

Wise King Solomon


SOLOMON is a teenager when he becomes king.  He loves Jehovah, and he follows good advice that his father David gave him. Jehovah is pleased with Solomon, and so one night he says to him in a dream: 'Solomon, what would you like me to give you?'

At this Solomon answers: 'Jehovah my God, I am very young and I don't know how to rule. So give me the wisdom to rule your people in a right way.'

Jehovah is pleased with what Solomon asks.  So he says:  'Because you have asked for wisdom and not for long life or riches, I will give you more wisdom than anyone who has ever lived.  But I will also give you what you did not ask for, both riches and glory.' 

A short time later two women come to Solomon  with a hard problem.  'This woman and I live in the same house,' explains one of them.  'I gave birth  to a boy, and two days later he also gave birth to a baby boy. Then one night her baby died. But while I was asleep, she put her dead child next to me and took my baby.  When I woke up  and looked at the dead child, I saw that it was not mine.'

Next time: Conclusion of Wise King Solomon

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.