4.03.2019

Does God Have Empathy? - GOD NOTICES, UNDERSTANDS AND FEELS FOR US


Can knowing  that God has empathy for us help us deal with adversity? Consider Maria's experience: 

"I felt that life was hard and unjust after I experience the immense pain of loosing my 18-year-old son following the two-year battle with cancer.  I was angry with Jehovah for not intervening and curing him! 

"Six years later, a loving and compassionate friend in the congregation listened as I expressed feeling that Jehovah did not love me. After listening to me for two hours without interrupting, she quoted a verse that moved me. It was 1 John 3:19, 20, which says: 'God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.' She explained that Jehovah understands our distress.

"Despite this, it was hard for  me to let go of my anger! Then I read Psalm 94:19, which says: 'When anxieties overwhelm me, you comforted and soothed me.'  I felt  as if the verses were written just for me!  Eventually, I found it very soothing to be able to talk to Jehovah about my distress, knowing that he listens and understands."

How comforting to know that God understand and feels for us!  But why, then, is there so much suffering? Is it because God is punishing us for wrongdoing? Will God do anything to end all suffering?  These matters will be addressed in the following blog.

Next time: Suffering - Is It Punishment From God?

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.