4.07.2019

How God's Care Can Benefit You --Conclusion of WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT GOD'S LOVE


As you take the time to know God, you will become increasingly convinced that "he cares for you."  (1 Peter 5:7)  Consider the case of Toru, from Japan.  He was raised by a Christian mother, yet he become involved in the  violent war of yakuza, the Japanese Mafia.  He relates, "I believe that God hated me, and I felt that the deaths of those around me, especially those who were very dear to me, were a punishment for me."  Toru admits that in this destructive environment and frame of mind, he  became a heartless  and unfeeling person." Regarding his ambition, he recalls, "I wanted to died young after killing someone more famous than me and thus make a name for myself." 

However, when Toru and his wife, Hannah, studied the Bible, Toru made a drastic change in his life and outlook.  "I watched my husband change before my eyes," says Hannah.  Now Toru says with certainty:  "There is a God who really cares about each one of us.  He does not want anyone  to die, and he is willing to forgive those who truly repent of their errors.  He listens to things that we can tell no one but him and that no one else would understand .  In the near future, Jehovah will remove  all problems, suffering, and agony. Even now, he helps us in the most unexpected ways. He cares for us and saves us when we are low." --PSALM 136:23.

As Toru's experience illustrates, knowing that God can -and soon will -eliminate all tragedy and wipe away every tear not only gives us a sure hope for the future but also helps us to live a better life now. Yes, even in a world saturated with suffering, you can benefit from God's loving care. 

 Next time: How Does God Feel About Your Suffering?

From the jw.org publications


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.