6.01.2020

I Have Done What I Ought to Have Done - By Don Ridley - A SUDDEN CHANGE


In September 2018, I noticed that I was clearing my throat a lot.  Our local doctor examined me, but he could not determine what caused the problem.  Later, another doctor suggested that I see a neurologists. In January 2019, the neurologists made a tentative diagnosis of a rare neurological disorder that is called supranuclear palsy (PSP). 

Three days later, while I was ice skating, I fractured my right wrist. I have been skating all my life; it was second nature to me.  So I knew that I was losing motor skills.  The rapid development of my neurological disorder has been surprising, adversely affecting my speech, mobility, and ability to swallow. 

I have been so privileged to use my experience as a lawyer to play a small role in advancing Kingdom interests.  And I have been privileged to write many articles in professional journals as well as to speak at medicolegal  seminar around the world, defending the right of Jehovah's people to choose non-blood medical and surgical management.  Still, to paraphrase Luke 17:10:  I am a good-for-nothing slave. What I have done is what I ought to have done.' 

Next time: Questions from Readers

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.