10.17.2020

Mildness- How Does It Benefit Us? - "HAPPY ARE THE MILD-TEMPERED"


Jesus pointed out that mildness plays a significant role in our  happiness.  "Happy are the mild-tempered," he said. (Matthew 5:5) Note how mildness helps in the following situations.


Mildness defuses tension in marriage.  "I have said a lot of hurtful things to my wife that I didn't mean," admits Robert, a brother from Australia.  "But rash words spoken in anger cannot be withdrawn.  I felt so bad when I saw how bad I hurt her."


 "We all stumble many times" in our speech, and out thoughtless words can threaten marital peace. (James 3:2)  On such occasions, mildness helps us to remain calm and control out tongue.  - PROVERBS 17:27.


Robert worked hard to develop calmness and self-control. What has been the result?   "Nowadays, whenever a disagreement arises, I make a conscious effort to listen carefully, to speak mildly, and not to let myself get upset," he says.  " My relationship with my wife is so much better.


Next time: Mildness -How Does It Benefit Us? -  Conclusion of "HAPPY ARE THE MILD-TEMPERED"


From the j.w.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.