2.21.2021

"My Kingdom Is No Part of This World"

 "For this I have into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth." -JOHN 18:37.


"FROM an early age, I saw only injustice," says a sister in southern Europe about her past.  "So I rejected the political system in my country, and I supported what many viewed as radical ideas.  In fact, for many years I was the girlfriend of a terrorist."  A brother in southern Africa explains why he used to be violent:  "I believed that my tribe was superior to all others, and I joined political party. We were taught to kill our opponents with spears-even those of our own tribe who supported other political parties."  A sister in central Europe admits:  "I was prejudiced, and I hated anyone wh owas of a different nationality or who had a religion that was different from mine." 


Today, more and more people have attitudes like those three once had.  Many political groups used violence to gain independence. It is common for people to fight about politics.  And in many countries, people mistreat foreigners more and more.  Just as the Bible foretold, people are "not open to any agreement" during these last days. (2 Timothy 3:1, 3)  How can Christians remain united while the world becomes more divided?  We can learn much  from Jesus' example.  People in his day were also divided by strong political opinions.  In this article, we will learn the answers to three questions:  "Why did Jesus refuse to get involved in any political group?  How did Jesus show that God's people must not take sides on political issues? And how did Jesus teach us that we should never use violence?


Next time: "My Kingdom Is No Part of This World" - DID JESUS SUPPORT THOSE WHO WANTED INDEPENDENCE?


From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.