4.28.2004

Jehovah's Witnesses

I can tell you something about Jehovah's Witnesses. First of all, they are the only ones that I have seen that go almost exactly by the Bible, which is closer to being a christian than all the churches anywhere in the United States, and since I have never been outside the United States, I cannot speak otherwise.

God does not care what people wear to church or meetings etc..,as long as you go to worship him and not your clothes, your car, your preacher, or an image of Mary or Jesus. Because in the Bible, it says that you should not make or have any images of Jesus or Mary or anyone in which to bow down and worship or worship period. No Images at all. And if anyone had ever read a Bible at all, they would know this already. Back to the subject at hand. Jehovah's Witnesses do care (at least one woman I knew did) what women wear. This one particular lady made me wear a dress to the meetings, but before going, I was told that I had to wear a dress. Well, not every woman has a dress much less a real nice one, so I had to go buy a dress at the salvation army store, because I could not afford to buy one, plus, I had to buy a pair of panty hose. I wanted to change my life spiritually for the better, so I started Bible study and get closer to God. I had already been reading the Bible some. The lady who came to give me Bible study was a nice lady, I just did not like the fact that she was making me buy a dress. Anyway, I did Bible study for a little over three years and she lost her car due to a misunderstanding when her husband filed bankruptcy after their divorce. She started being late a lot and sometimes she would not bother to call to say she would be late. I got fired from a job that treated me really bad, and I had a lot of rage inside me, so I quit Bible study because I could not stand to be around anyone except my best friend and roommate. I could not even stand myself, so I would pray every night and every day for God to help me with the rage and anger that I felt inside, because I knew that it was not healthy for me, and I knew that God would not like me to stay that way, plus I wanted a better chance at the paradise earth after the resurrection. I finally started feeling better about people, I was improving anyway, so I started back on my Bible Study. Well, I shoudl have known better than to think that I could depend on her again. I called the same lady as before, because she was familiar and I did not want to start over with someone new. She started getting worse than before. She started being late more, if she showed up at all, and she would rarely ever call to let me know either way. I used to ride the bus to work and always got there early and if I was going to be late, I would call ahead. She depended on others and did not have the decency to ask them to stop to use a phone. She had given up on me and did not have enough respect for me to call or anthing. I felt, hey this is suppose to be one of God's servants. What kind of person is she, that a person who is trying to get close to God, cannot depend on her to teach her God's word. If I can't depend on her to show up, except when she wants to, then I will just do my own Bible study by myself. I had already read the Bible a couple of times, so I knew that I could do this myself, so I quit Bible study again and have not gone back, nor will I, because I feel that these people are a lost cause and I can only depend on myself. At least I know I will be there. Another thing: before I quit Bible study the first time; I was having some fianancial problems the first year I moved into this apartment, because I had lost my job. The Jehovah's Witnesses did not offer to help me with anything. And I had read and heard that they are suppose to be so nice and help people in a crisis. Wrong! I got no help from anyone, not even anyone here in Las Vegas and I called everyone that was known to give help. This city is pathetic too. I finally got on my feet a little and then I asked my best friend to move in with me. Also, I have heard that some of the Jehovah's Witnesses who go to the bus stops and give out Watchtowers, sometimes either shove them in people's faces or try to sell them. And now, there are some that are being accused of child molestation. Now what is the world coming too, if you cannot depend on God's people to act decently and Godly? It is a heathenistic thing to do, but there are plenty of heathens around here. Even though they follow the Bible closer than any other religion, it still does not give them the right to think that they are above God and the law and can get away with whatever they feel like any time they feel like. This is not the Christian thing to do. And that they are total hippocrites like the rest of the religions that pretend to be Christians. Just because you go to church, that does not make you a Christian. You wouldn't know what a christian was, if it bit you on your butt.

Continued until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.