4.18.2004

Tips

1. Got a hole in your wall and nothing to patch it? Well, here is a little tip, especially for the ladies who are not real knowledgable in the ways of patching walls. As long as it is not too big, here is what to do: Take some alum in a small mixing bowl, and put a tablespoon, depending on how big the hole in the wall is, and mix enough water to make a paste, just thick enough to smooth over a hole in the wall. But first take some cotton or wad up some paper and stuff in the hole in the wall to where it fills it enough to smooth over the alum, take a spatula or a knife and smooth some paste over the hole in the wall and let it dry. You have just patched a hole. I have done this and it works. Of course it is only temporary, because the paste will eventually wear out, but so far it has lasted me for almost over a year. And you don't want to slam a door on it either.


2. Do you have a mouse in the house? I know this sounds real crazy,but it actually worked for me. Get some diet candy and put it in a trap or traps every night for several days or until the mouse is dead. I used the ayds reducing candy for the trap. (Hey, it wasn't working for me anyway, and I did not want to waste it) One day, after I had put the candy in the trap for several nights, I heard this click or the slam of the trap and I went and looked and the mouse was laying, yes, I said laying over the trap dead. He had eaten so much of the candy that when he had gone back for more, he had lost so much weight and was so weak that he just fell over the trap dead. It will work, it just takes a little time and patience on your part. I am not a real patient person, where a mouse is concerned, but I waited, because I wanted to get rid of the mouse. And I believe it is a more human way of killing a mouse.

3. Want to save money? This is for disposable razors people, so do not try this with the electric. After shaving your beard or legs, rinse off your razor with hot water and put in a container with a little olive oil or mineral oil and let it sit until you use the razor again and rinse it with hot water before shaving to get the oil off, it will work like a new shaver, then put the shaver back into the oil and keep doing this until it won't cut anymore.

4. Have water build up? Here is a temporary fix for when you don't have anything else to take it off. Get two paper towels and fold them over lengthwise to where it will fit around the faucet and heat up some white vinegar and pour over the paper towel to where it is soaked and let it sit for around 15 to 30 minutes. If it isn't a faucet just pour some on a paper towel and let it sit on whatever it is that has the build up on it or in it. It worked for me, but it will only work on minor build up. It will clear up a shower spray too, as long as it isn't too calcified with water build up.

5. Fantastic all purpose cleaner will clean white linoleum floors. At least it did mine. I just sprayed it on and wiped it off with a wet rag. I imagine if you don't like getting on your hands and knees, you can spray it on the floors and then wipe it up with a mop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.