8.29.2011

An Exemplary Man Who Accepted Correction



Sexually Chaste

Job was loyal to his marriage mate, never allowing his heart to develop and improper attachment to another woman.  Said Job:  "A covenant I have concluded with my eyes.  So how could I show myself attentive to a virgin?  If my  heart has been enticed toward a woman and I kept lying in wait at the very entrance way of my companion, let my wife do the grinding for another man, and over her let other men kneel down.  For that would be loose conduct, and that would be an error for attention by the justices." -Job 31:1, 9-11.

Job did not let immoral desires corrupt his heart.  Rather,  he pursued an upright course.  No wonder Jehovah God took pleasure in this faithful man who fought against immoral enticements! -Matthew 5:27-30.

Next time: Concerned About Family Spirituality

Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.