2.14.2012

Conclusion of Prayer Can Solve Problems

Conclusion of Prayer Can Solve Problems

Although Jose' had a beautiful wife and a thriving business in Bolivia, he was unhappy.  An extramarital affair caused his wife to leave him.  He drank excessively and felt useless. Says Jose':  "I began praying with all my heart, asking what I should do to please God.  Soon Jehovah's Witnesses visited my business place offering free home Bible studies, but I dismissed them.  This happened three time.  Every time I prayed for help, there they were. Finally, I resolved that I would listen the next time. I had read the Bible through and had many questions, but they always had answers that satisfied me.  Learning about Jehovah gave me a new purpose in life, and my friends among the Witnesses were such encouraging examples! I left my girlfriend and my drinking companions.  Before long, I was back with my wife and children.  I was baptized early in 1999."

In Italy, Tamara's marriage was in trouble,so she prayed for wisdom.  She had developed an aggressive attitude, having been beaten and thrown out of the family at age 14.  Says Tamara:  "I found a Bible and began to read it.  One evening, I read that 'finding wisdom is like finding hidden treasures.' I prayed for that wisdom.  (Proverbs 2:1-6)  The next morning, Jehovah's Witnesses called. I began studying the Bible with them, but it took me some time to put what I learned into practice.  Finally, I decided to follow the Christian way of life and was baptized. Now, along with my husband, I help others to benefit from God's wisdom."

Beatriz had been part of high society in Caracas, Venezuela.  Yet, she found herself divorced and distressed.  Desperate, she once spent hours in prayer.  The next morning, the doorbell rang.  Irritated, she looked through the peep hold and saw two people with briefcases.  She pretended not to be at home, but the before the couple left, they pushed a handbill under the door.  "Know Your Bible," it said.  could their visit be connected with her prayers the night before? She called for them to come back.  Soon she was studying the  Bible, and she later was baptized.  Happy at last, Beatriz now teaches others about how to find happiness.

Carmen prayed concerning her struggle with poverty.  She  had ten children and a drunken husband, Rafael.  "I tried to earn money washing clothes," said Carmen.  but Rafael's drinking habit got worse.  "It wasn't until we began studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses that my husband began to change.  We learned of the Kingdom promise - that Jehovah will soon rid the world of poverty and depression.  My prayers to God were finally answered!"  Learning about Jehovah's ways helped Rafael to stop drinking, and he put on "the new personality."  (Ephesians 4:24)  He and his family were able to improve their standards of living. Says Rafael:  "We may not be rich, and we do not own our own home, but we have the necessities of life, and we are happy."

Next time: When All Prayers Will Be Answered

The Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.