11.13.2012

Never Too Old to Learn




KSENIYA was born in 1897, she had 3 daughters, a son, 15 grandchildren, and 25 great grandchildren.  All her life she did what her parents taught her to do.  Although she had come to Moscow as a refugee from the war-torn Abkhaz Republic, located between the Black Sea and the Caucasus, she was quite satisfied with her life, especially with what she called her inherited faith. 

In 1993, Kseniya's daughter Meri became one of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Meri started to talk to Kseniya about Jehovah God and the Bible, but she did not want to listen.  Kseniya kept telling her daughter,  "It is too late for me to learn something new."

Still, her daughter Meri; her grandson's wife, Londa; and her great -grandchildren Nan and Zaza, who had all become Jehovah's Witnesses , continued to talk to her about the Bible.  One evening in 1999,m they read a scripture to Kseniya that touched her heart.  It contained Jesus' moving words to the faithful apostles when he was instituting the Lord's Evening Meal.  (Luke 22:19, 20) At the age of 1202 years," says Kseniya, "I finally understood the meaning of life.  I now realize that there is nothing better than serving our wonderful loving God, Jehovah.  I am still alert and healthy.  I can read without glasses and actively associate with my family." 

On November 5, 2000, Kseniya was baptized.   She says:  "Now I give my life to  Jehovah to serve him with love. I place magazines and tracts while sitting at the bus stop near my home.  Relatives often come to visit, and I happily share with them the truth about Jehovah." 

Kseniya is looking forward to the day when 'her flesh become fresher than in youth, and she returns to the days of her youthful vigor."  (Job 33:25) If a centenarian does not feel too old to learn the meaning of life from the Bible, how about you?

Next time: Where Does Your Security Lie?

The Watchtower, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.