8.11.2016

KEYS TO A HAPPY LIFE


4. BUILD RESILIENCE

Who has a  problem-free life?  As the Bible says,  there is "a time to weep" and "a time to wail."  (Ecclesiastes 3:4)  Resilience helps us to get through such times, to bounce back from adversity.  Consider Carol and Mildred.

Carol has a spinal degenerative disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, and macular degeneration that has blinded her left eye. Yet, she says:  "I try not to feel discouraged for too long. I allow myself my 'pity party.' But then I set my feelings aside to do, especially for other people."

Mildred has a number of ailments, including arthritis, breast cancer, and diabetes.  But like Carol, she tries not to focus on her problems.  "I have learned to love people and to comfort others during their illness, which helps me as well," she writes.  "In fact, I find that when I am comforting others, I am not worry about myself." 

Although both women are interested in receiving good medical care, they focus, not on their physical health, but on their attitude and how they use their time.  As a result, they have inner joy that no one can take away from them.  Additionally, they are much loved by others and are an inspiration to people who are going through various trials. 

Bible principle:  "Happy is the man who keeps  on enduring trial, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life." -James 1;12. 

Next time: HELP FOR THE FAMILY/PARENTING -When Your Child Lies

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.