4.04.2022

Wisdom to Guide Our Lives - A BALANCED VIEW OF MONEY

 Solomon was fabulously wealthy, and he lived in luxury. (1 Kings 10:7, 14, 15) Jesus, on the other hand, had few possessions and no permanent home.  ( Matthew 8:20) Yet, both men had a balanced view of material things because their wisdom came from the same Source-Jehovah God.


Solomon acknowledged that money is "a protection." (Ecclesiastes 7:12) With moneym we are able to obtain life's necessities and perhaps a few wants. Yet, as wealthy as he was, Solomon realized that there are more important things than money.  For example, he wrote: "A good name [or, "a good reputation,"] is to be chosen instead of great wealth." (Proverbs 22:1)  Solomon also observed that people who love money are seldom happy with what they have.  (Ecclesiastes 65:10, 12)  And he wared against putting all trust in money, since whatever money we have can quickly disappear. - PROVERBS 23:4, 5. 


Jesus had a balanced view of material things. He enjoyed food and drink.  (Luke 19:2, 6, 7)  On one occasion,he made finest quality-the first of miracles.  (John 2:10, 11) And on the day he died, he was wearing and expensive garment.  (John 19:23, 24)  But Jesus did not allow material things to become the focus of his life.  He told his followers: "No one can slave for two masters. . . . You cannot slave for God and for Riches." (Matthew 6:24)  Jesus taught  that if we seek the Kingdom first, Jehovah will make sure that we have what we need. - Read MATTHEW 6:31-33.


Many of our brothers and sisters have benefited from applying divine wisdom when it comes to money.  Consider the example of a single brother named Daniel.  He says:  "In my teenage years,  I decided that I would make spiritual activities the most important thing in my life."  Because he has kept his life simple, Daniel has been able to use his time and skills on many theocratic projects.  He adds:  "I can honestly say that I have never regretted  the path I chose. Sure, I could have earned a lot of money if I had  that the most important thing in my life.  but how could money replace the friendships I've cultivated?  How could it replace the satisfaction I have from knowing that I'm putting the Kingdom first?  There's no amont of money that could equal the blessings Jehovah has given me."   Clearly, we benefit when we focus, not on money, but on spiritual things. 


Next time: Wisdom to Guide Our Lives - A BALANCED VIEW OF SECULAR WORK


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.