7.13.2019

Rely on Jehovah When Under Stress - RELY ON JEHOVAH AND SUCCEED


Those three examples teach us another important lesson-we should not isolate ourselves from Jehovah and his people.  (Proverbs 18:1)  Nancy, who experienced stress when her husband left her says:  "There were many days when I just did not want to see or talk to anybody.  Yet, the more I isolated myself, the sadder I became." Things changed when Nancy looked for ways to help others who were experiencing problems. She says:  "I listened as others explained their struggles. I noticed that when I felt more empathy for them, I felt pity for myself.

We can regain strength by attending congregation meetings.  When we are at the meetings, we give Jehovah additional opportunities to be our "helper and comforter."  (Psalm 86:17)  There he strengthens us by means of his holy spirit, his Word, and his people.  Meetings provide us with an opportunity to enjoy "an interchange of encouragement."  (Romans 1:11, 12)  A sister named Sophia said: "Jehovah and our brotherhood kept me going.  Most important for me were our congregation meetings. I have found that the more involved I am at the ministry and my congregation, the better I am able to deal with stress and worry. 

When we feel discouraged, let us remember that Jehovah not only promises permanent relief in the future but also offers to help deal with stress now.  He give us "the desire and the power" to overcome feelings of discouragement and hopelessness. - PHILIPPIANS 2:13.

Read Romans 8:37-39. The apostle Paul assures us that nothing can separate us from God's love. How can we help our brothers and sisters who are trying to cope with stress?  The next article will analyze how we can imitate Jehovah by showing compassion and by supporting our brothers and sisters when they are stressed.

Next time:Help Others Deal With Stress

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.