10.12.2019

Conclusion of One With the Father, But Not God


Yes, the Scriptures call even unjust human judges "gods."  So how can these Jews fault Jesus for saying  "I am God's Son"? He points to something that convince them:  "If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. But If I am doing them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you ma come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father." - JOHN 10:37, 38. 

In response, the Jews try to seize Jesus, but he again escapes. He leaves Jerusalem and goes across the Jordan River to the area where John began baptizing nearly four years earlier.  This apparently is not far from the southern end of the Sea of Galilee. 

Crowds come to Jesus and say:  "John did not perform a single sign, but all the things John said about the man were true." (John 10:41) Thus, may Jews put faith in Jesus.  

Next time: Jesus' Ministry in Perea

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.