9.10.2020

WHERE CAN YOU FIND COMFORT? - WHEN A MARRIAGE BREAKS UP


"When my husband suddenly left me, I felt hurt and angry," recalls Raquel. "And a terrible sadness overwhelmed me. But I drew close to God, and he comforted me. And the peace of God protected my heart when I turned to him daily in prayer. It seemed to me that he repaired my broken heart.

"And thanks to his Word, the Bible, I conquered feelings of anger and resentment. I took to heart the words of the apostle Paul at Romans 12:21: "Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.'

"When your marriage breaks up, you need support,"  Elizabeth states: "I had a dear friend who gave me that support, day after day.  She cried with me, comforted me, and made me feel loved  rather than rejected. I am convinced that Jehovah used her to heal my emotional wounds." 

Next time: WHERE CAN YOU FIND COMFORT? -  IN TIMES OF SICKNESS OR OLD AGE

From the j.w.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.