9.07.2020

WHY BE HONEST? - REWARDS OF HONESTY


Hitoshi, quoted in the opening article, profited from having a reputation of being an honest worker. He now works for an employer who appreciates his honesty. "I am thankful." says Hitoshi,  "that I I was able to find work that allows me to keep a clean conscience." 

Others have found the same to be true.  Consider some examples of those who have benefited by applying the Bible principle to "conduct ourselves honestly in all things." 

Clean Conscience

"I left school at age 13 in order to work with thieves.  As a result, 95 percent of my income was obtained by dishonest means.  Later, I married, and my husband and I began studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. We learned that Jehovah God hates dishonest practices, so we decided to change our lifestyle. In 1990 we dedicated our lives to Jehovah and got baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses. " - PROVERBS 6:16-19.

"In the past, my house was full of stolen goods, but now it is free from such things; and this gives me a clean conscience. Thinking back over my many years of dishonesty, I am grateful to Jehovah for his great mercy. It is so satisfying to go to sleep each night knowing that Jehovah is now pleased with me." - Cheryl, Ireland.

"When my boos found out that I had turned down a bribe from a potential customer, he said to me:  "Your God makes you such a trustworthy person! It is truly a blessing to have you here in our company.'  To be honest in all things enables me to have a clean conscience before Jehovah God. It also allows me to help my family and others to do the same." - Sonny, Hong Kong. 

Next time: WHY BE HONEST? - Peace of Mind 

From the j.w.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.