9.08.2020

WHY BE HONEST? - Peace of Mind


"I work as an executive assistant at an international bank. In this business, honesty is often shoved aside for the sake of gaining wealthy.  The widespread view is,  "What's the harm in a little dishonesty if it promotes wealth and helps the economy?  But by being honest, I have peace of mind. I am resolved to remain honest and face whatever consequences may come. My employers know that I will not lie to them or for them." -Tom, United States.

Self-Respect

"My supervisor at work encouraged me to lie about some missing supplies at work, but I refused. When the thieves were finally revealed, my  employer thanked me for being honest. Being honest in a dishonest world calls for courage.  But in the end, we can gain the trust and respect of others." -Kaori, Japan.

A clean conscience, peace of mind, and self-respect-such rewards show that it really does pay to be honest. Do you not agree?

Next time: WHERE CAN YOU FIND COMFORT? - We All Need Comofort

From the j.w.org publications






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.