2.22.2023

Help Others to Endure Difficult TImes - HELP OTHERS DURING A DISEASE OUTBREAK

 A disease outbreak  can make it difficult for us to help one another.  For example, we may wish to visit our friends, but it is not safe to do so. We may want to invite those who are struggling financially to join us for a meal, but this too is not possible. We may want to help others, but that can be challenging if our own family members are suffering. Still, we want to help our brothers, and Jehovah is pleased when we do what we can for them.(Proverbs 19:17) What can we do?


What elders can do. If you are an elder, get to know the sheep well. (Read Jeremiah 23:4.) Desi, a sister quoted in the preceding article, says, "The elders in my service group have in the past joined me and other in the ministry and for social activities." The efforts of those  shepherds made it easier for them to help Desi after the COVID-19 pandemic broke out and she lost some family members to the virus. 


Desi explains, "Because I already knew the elders as friends, it was easy for me to tell them how I felt and what my concerns were." The lesson for elders" Shepherd those under your care before there is a crisis. Be a friend to them. If there is a disease outbreak that prevents you from making personal visits, reach out in other ways. Sometimes several different elders called or sent me messages on the same day," says Desi.  "The scriptures they shared touched me, even though I knew those verses well."


Next time: Help Others During Difficult Times - HELP OTHERS DURING  A DISEASE OUTBREAK


From the jw.org publications 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.