2.17.2023

Questions From Readers

 Was the psalmist David exaggerating or unrealistic in writing that he would praise God's name "forever," as recorded at Psalm 61:8?


No. What David wrote there was valid and realistic.


Consider what he penned in that verse and similar texts:  "I will sing praises  to your name forever as I pay my vows  day after day."  "I praise you, O Jehovah my God with all my heart, and I will glorify your name forever and ever." - PSALM 61:8; 86:12; 145:1, 2. 



David was not exaggerating, thinking that he would never die.  He knew that Jehovah had decreed that human sin would result in death, and David admitted to being a sinner. (Genesis 3:3, 17-19; Psalm 51:4, 5) He was aware that even men whom God approved, such as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, had died. And David could see that his own life would end. (Psalm 37:25; 39:4)  But his words  found at Psalm 61:8 reflected his desire and determination to praise God forever, that is for as long as David lived. - 2 SAMUEL 7:12. 


Next time: Was the Psalmist exaggerating or unrealistic in writing that he would praise God's name "forever," as recorded at Psalm 61:8? 

From the jw.org publications










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.