4.14.2024

ACQUIRE STRENGTH FROM FELLOW WORHIPPERS - Conclusion

 How did Mary receive the strength she needed to fulfill this unusual and weighty assignment?  She sought help from others. For example, she asked Gabriel to provide further information concerning the assignment. (Luke 1:34) Shortly thereafter, she traveled all the way to "mountainous country" of Judah to visit her relative Elizabeth.  That visit paid off.  Elizabeth commended Mary and was inspired by Jehovah to share an encouraging prophecy about Mary's unborn son. (Read Luke 1:39-45.) Mary said that Jehovah had "acted mightly with his arm." (Luke 1:46-51) Through Gabriel and Elizabeth, Jehovah strengthened Mary.


Like Mary, you too can gain strength from fellow worshippers. Dasuri, a sister in Bolivia, needed such strength.  When her father was diagnosed with a terminal illness and hospitalized, Dasuri willingly took on the responsibility of caring for him.  (1 Timothy 5:4) That was not always easy. She admits, "many times I felt as if I could not continue." Did she ask for help? Not at first. "I did not want to bother the brothers," she explains.  "I reasoned, 'It is Jehovah who give me the help I need.' But then I realized that my isolating myself from others, I was trying to tackle my problems alone." (Proverbs 18:1) Dasuri decided to write a few of her friends and explain her situation.  "Words cannot describe how much I was strengthened by my dear fellow Christians," she says.  "They brought food to the hospital and shared comforting Bible verses with me. What a wonderful feeling it is to know that we are not alone. We belong to Jehovah's large family -a family that is willing to give you a hand, cry with you, and fight together with you." 


One way that Jehovah supplies power to us is through the elders.  They are gifts that he uses to strengthen and refresh us. (Isaiah 32:1, 2) So when you feel anxious, share your concerns with the elders. When they offer you help, accept it gratefully. By means of them, Jehovah can make you strong.


Next time: DERIVE STRENGTH FROM YOUR HOPE FOR THE FUTURE


From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.