4.13.2024

GAIN STRENGH FROM PRAYER AND STUDY -Continue

 What did Jonah do to receive strength in that lonely, isolated place? For one, he prayed, (Read Jonah 2:1, 2, 7.) Although he had disobeyed Jehovah, Jonah was confident that Jehovah would listen to his humble and repentant prayer.  Jonah also reflected on the Scriptures.  Why can we say that? His prayer recorded in Jonah chapter 2, uses many of the same words and phrases that are found in the Psalms. (For example, compare Jonah 2:2, 5 with Psalm 69:1; 86:7.) It is clear that Jonah knew those passages well. And by reflecting on them during his ordeal, he felt reassured that Jehovah would help him. Later, Jonah was returned to dry land, and he was ready to accept and fulfill his next assignment.


Jonah's example can help us when we are going through various trials. For example, Zhiming, a brother in Taiwan, suffers from serious health problems. In addition, he had to endure violent family opposition because of his faith in Jehovah. He gets strength from Jehovah through prayer and study.  "Sometimes, when problems arise," he admits, "I feels so anxious that I can't calm down enough to do my personal study. "But he does not give up. "First, I pray to Jehovah," he says.  Next, I put on my earphones and listen to our Kingdom songs. At times, I even sing them in a low voice until I calm down.  Then I began studying." 


Next time: GAIN STRENGTH FROM PRAYER AND STUDY - Conclusion


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.