6.29.2009

Continue With Preparing The Apostles For His Departure

Jesus' departure is near, as he says: "A little longer and the world will behold me no more." Jesus will be a spirit creature that no human can see. But again Jesus promises his faithful apostles: "You will behold me, because I live and you will live." Yes, not only will Jesus appear to them in human form after his resurrection but in duet time he will resurrect them to life with him in heaven as spirit creatures.

Jesus now states the simple rule: "He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him."At this the apostle Judas, the one who is also called Thaddaeus, interrupts: "Lord what has happened that you intend to show yourself plainly to us and not to the world?" "If anyone loves me," Jesus replies, "he will observe my word, and my Father will love him . . . He that does not love me does not observe my words." Unlike his obedient followers, the world ignores Christ's teachings. So he does not reveal himself to them.

During his earthly ministry, Jesus has taught his apostles many things. How will they remember them all, especially since, even up to this moment, they fail to grasp so much? Happily, Jesus promises: "The helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you."

Again comforting them, Jesus says: "I leave you peace, I give you my peace. . . .Do not let your hearts be troubled." True, Jesus is departing, but he explains: "If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

Jesus' remaining time with them is short. "I shall not speak much with you anymore," he says, "for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me." Satan the Devil, the one who was able to enter Judas and get a hold on him, is the ruler of the world. But there is no sinful weakness in Jesus that Satan can play on to turn him away from serving God.

Next time: Continue with Preparing the Apostles F0r His Departure- Enjoying An Intimate Relationship

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived,1991

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.