11.02.2010

Music That Pleases God


Music and Dedication

Susie's first love was music. "I started to play the piano at the age of 6, the violin at 10, and finally the harp at 12," she explains. Susie later attended the Royal College of Music in London, England, to study the harp. She studied for four years with a famous Spanish harpist and a further year at the Paris Conservatoire, gaining an honor degree in music as well as diplomas for playing the harp and teaching the piano.

Susie became associated with the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in London. There she found genuine interest and love among fellow Witnesses. Gradually, her love for Jehovah grew, and her zeal for his service prompted her to seek ways to serve him. This led to dedication and baptism. "Having music as a career is a dedicated way of life, so a life of dedication was not unfamiliar to me," Susie observes. Her time for concert performances decreased as she engaged in the Christians ministry of preaching the good news of God's Kingdom in obedience to Jesus' instruction. -Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10.

Now that she spends only a limited time performing music, how does she feel? Sometimes a little frustrated that I don't have more time to practice," she admits, "but I still play my instruments and enjoy music. Music is a gift from Jehovah. I enjoy it more n ow that I have put his service first in my life." -Matthew 6:33.

Next time:Music That Praises God

Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.