11.03.2010

Music That Pleases God


Music That Pleases God

Albert and Susie along with the nearly six million other Witnesses of Jehovah regularly praise Jehovah God with music. At Christian meetings held in Kingdom Halls in 234 lands, they begin and end their meetings, where possible, by singing songs to Jehovah. In major and minor key, beautiful melodies carry Scripturally based lyrics in praise of Jehovah God. All in attendance raise their voices to sing warmly that Jehovah is a caring God. They sing a song of praise to Jehovah. Their songs recognize the joys and responsibilities of Christians brotherhood, Christian living and Christian qualities. Adding to their delight is the variety of musical styles that Witnesses from Asia, Australia, Europe and North and South America used when composing the melodies.

""Sing to Jehovah a new song. Sing to Jehovah, all you people of the earth. Sing to Jehovah, bless his name," are the opening words of a grand royal anthem penned in the psalmist's day. "From day to day tell the good news of salvation by him. Declare among the nations his glory, among all the peoples his wonderful works." (Psalm 96:1-3) This is what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing in your locality, and they invite you to join in singing this praise. You will be welcomed at their Kingdom Halls, where you can learn how to praise Jehovah with music that please him.

(Note: When you sing praises to Jehovah, you should sing with happiness in your voice, not like you are going to your execution. When I use to go to the meetings, It was like the march of the dead. That is one thing that I did not understand. If you love Jehovah and want his praises, should you not be happy to do so and sing like it? I believe you should. But the one Kingdom Hall I used to go to, did not and I was really disappointed in the fact that they sang like they were going to their execution. I am sorry, but I feel this is wrong. They are however the only religion that follows the Bible the closest of any religion that I have ever witnessed; and I have read the Bible from beginning to end-word for word. I also have visited many different types of religions-churches. This is how I know. There are so many false prophets out there and I have witnessed many. They do not tell you the truth. That is why I just read and follow Jehovah's Words in the Bible. )

Next time: Where Can You Turn for Good Advice?

Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.