2.08.2011

"Jehovah Himself Gives Wisdom"



When "Knowledge Itself Becomes Pleasant"

Personal study of the Bible-as essential requirement for seeking wisdom-is not necessarily a pleasant prospect for many people. For example, 58-year old Lawrence says: "I have always worked with my hands. Studying is hard for me." And 24-years old Michael, who did not enjoy studying in school says: "I had to force myself to sit down and study." Yet, a desired to study can be cultivated.

Consider what Michael did. He relates: "I disciplined myself to study for a half hour every day. Soon I could see the effect on my attitude, my comments at Christian meetings, and my conversations with others. Now I look forward to my study periods, and I hate to have anything interfere with them." Yes, personal study becomes an acquired taste when we see the progress we make. Lawrence too applied himself to Bible study and, in time, came to serve as an elder in a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

To make personal study and enjoyable experience requires consistent effort. The benefits, though, are great. "When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul," says Solomon, "thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you." -Proverbs 2:10, 11.

Next time: "To Deliver You From the Bad Way

Watchtower, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.