10.30.2013

Conclusion of "You Are My Witnesses"!




Jehovah promises to deliver his people from Babylon by means of the armies of Media and Persia.  (Isaiah 13:17-19, 21:2, 9; 44:28)  As a God of justice, Jehovah will pay for his Medo-Persian "employees" a suitable ransom in exchange for Israel.  "I have give Egypt as a ransom for you, Ethiopia and Seba  in place of you.  Owing to the fact that you have  been precious in my eyes, you have been considered honorable, and I myself have loved you.  And I shall give men in place of you, and national groups in place of your soul." (Isaiah 43:3b, 4)  History confirms that the Persian Empire did conquer Egypt, Ethiopia, and nearby Seba, just as God foretold.  (Proverbs 21:18)  In 1919 by means of Jesus Christ, Jehovah similarly released the remnant of spiritual Israel from captivity. For his services, however, Jesus needed no reward.  He was no pagan ruler. And he was liberating his own spiritual brothers.  Besides, in 1914, Jehovah has already given him "nations as [his] inheritance and the ends of the earth as [his] own possession." -Psalm 2:8.

Notice how Jehovah openly expresses his tender feelings toward the repurchased exiles.  He tells them that they are "precious" and "honorable" to him and that he 'loves' them.  (Jeremiah 31:3)  He feels the same way-and even more so-toward his loyal servants today.  Anointed Christians have been brought into a relationship with God, not by birth, but by the operation of God's holy spirit following their  personal dedication to their Creator.  Jehovah has drawn these ones to his Son and to himself and written his laws and principles  on their receptive hearts. -Jeremiah  31:31-34; John 6:44.

Offering still more reassurance to the exiles, Jehovah adds:  "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. From the sunrising I shall bring your seed, and from the sunset I shall collect you together. I shall say to the north, 'give up'!  and to the south, 'Do not keep back. Bring my sons from far off, and my daughters from the extremity of the earth, everyone that  is called by my name and that I have  created  for my own glory, that I have formed, yes, that I have made.' " (Isaiah 43:5-7)   Not even the remotest  parts of the earth will be beyond Jehovah's reach when the time comes to free his sons and daughters and to bring them back to their beloved homeland.  (Jeremiah 30:10, 11)  No doubt, in their eyes this liberation will eclipse the nation's earlier deliverance from Egypt. -Jeremiah 16:14, 15.

By reminding his people that  they are called by his name, Jehovah confirms his promise to deliver Israel.  (Isaiah 54:5, 6)  what is more, Jehovah attaches his name to his promises of liberation.  In so doing, he ensures that  he will receive the glory when his prophetic word is fulfilled.  Not even Babylon's  conqueror  will be entitles to the honor due the one and only living God.

Next time: The Gods on Trial

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.