10.25.2013

"My Chosen One, Whom My Soul Has Approved!" Chapter Three




" 'YOU are my witnesses,' is the utterance of Jehovah 'even my servant whom I have chosen.' "  (Isaiah 43:10)  This declaration by Jehovah, recorded by the prophet Isaiah in the eighth century B.C.E., shows that Jehovah's ancient covenant people were a nation of witnesses.  They were God's chosen servant.  Some 2,600 years later,  in 1931, anointed Christians publicly declared that these words applied to them.  They took the name Jehovah's Witnesses and wholeheartedly accepted the responsibilities associated with being God's earthly servant.

Jehovah's Witnesses earnestly desire to please God.  For this reason, the 42nd chapter of the book of Isaiah is of intense interest to each one of them, for it provides  a portrait of a servant whom Jehovah approves and another of a servant whom he rejects.  Considering this prophecy and its fulfillment gives insight into what leads to God's approval and what leads to his disfavor.

Next time: "I Have Put My Spirit in Him"

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.