10.24.2013

Fear Not!




Note: To all my readers: I am having some difficulty with the internet and etc. here, hopefully it will be fixed very soon and I can resume to being able to do my blogs routinely as I wish and have been able to do them previously. This is a small city in the boondocks and things do not always go as you expect them to. Please bear with me and thank you for your patience. God Bless you all!  marye.blogspot.com 


Now Jehovah turns his attention to his people. Unlike the nations who trust in lifeless idols, those who trust in the true God need never fear.  Jehovah's reassurance begins with the reminder that Israel is the offspring of his friend Abraham.  In a passage of great tenderness, Isaiah reports Jehovah's words:  "You, O Israel, are my servant, you, O Jacob, whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend; you, whom I have taken hold of from the extremities of the earth, and you, whom I have called  even from the remotest parts of it. And so I said to you, 'You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.   Do not be afraid, for I am with you.  Do not gaze about,  for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you.  I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.' "-Isaiah 41:8-10.

How comforting these words will be to the faithful Jews held captive in a foreign land!  How encouraging it will be to hear Jehovah call them "my servant" at the time when they are exiles, servants of the king of Babylon! (2 Chronicles 36:20) Though Jehovah will discipline them because of their unfaithfulness, he will not reject them.  Israel belongs to Jehovah, not to Babylon.  There will be no reason for God's servants to tremble at the approach of the conquering Cyrus.  Jehovah will be with his people to help them.

Those words have reassured and strengthened God's servants even down to our day.  Back in 1918 they yearned to know Jehovah's will for them.  They longed for deliverance from their spiritually captive state.  Today we yearn for relief from the pressures inflicted upon us by Satan, the world, and our own imperfection.  But we appreciate that Jehovah knows precisely when and how to act in behalf of his people.  Like young children, we hold on to his mighty hand, confident that he will help us to cope.  (Psalm 63:7,8)  Jehovah treasures those who serve him. He supports us today just as he supported his people through the difficult period of 1918-19 and just as he supported faithful Israelites so long ago. 

Consider what Jehovah next says through Isaiah:  " 'Look! All those getting heated up against you will become ashamed and be humiliated.  The men in a quarrel with you will become as nothing and will perish.  You will search for them, but you will not find them, those men in a struggle with you.  They will become as something nonexistent and as nothing, those men at war with you.  For I, Jehovah am your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, "Do no be afraid. I myself will help you." Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel. I myself will help you,' is the utterance of Jehovah, even your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel." -Isaiah 41:11-14.

Israel's enemies will not prevail. Those who are heated  up against Israel will be ashamed.  Those who fight against her will perish.  Though the captive Israelites seem as weak and defenseless as a worm squirming in the dust, Jehovah will help them.  What encouragement this has been all through "the last days" as true Christians have faced the determined hostility of so many in the world!  (2  Timothy 3:1) And how strengthening  Jehovah's promise is in view of the impending attack by Satan, who is referred  to in prophesy as "Gog of Magog"! Under Gog's ferocious assault, Jehovah's people will seem as defenseless as a worm-a people "dwelling without wall" and not having "even bar and doors."  Yet, those hoping in Jehovah will not need to quake with fear.  The Almighty himself will fight to deliver them. -Ezekiel 38:2, 11m 14-16, 21-23; 2 Corinthians 1:3.

Next time: Comfort for Israel

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.