10.28.2013

"I Have Kept Quiet for a Long Time"


I apologize to all my readers for being late; again there were more internet problems.  If at some time you do not see my blog early in the morning or it may be late.  You will know what it is, it is either  the internet, that I am sick and unable to do one, my computer died, or I am dead.  Again, thank you for your patience and reading blogs.  God Bless you and keep you safe.


Jehovah is fair and just, even when executing judgment on his enemies.  He says: "I have kept quiet for a long time. I continued silent. I kept exercising self-control. Like a woman giving birth I am going to groan, pant, and gasp at the same time. I shall devastate mountains and hills, and all their vegetation I shall dry up.  And I will turn rivers into islands, and reedy pools I shall dry up." -Isaiah 42:14,15.

Before taking judicial action, Jehovah allows time to pass in order to give wrongdoers an opportunity to turn from their bad ways.  (Jeremiah 18:7-10; 2 Peter 3:9)  Consider the case of the Babylonians, who, as the dominant world power, desolate Jerusalem in the year 607 B.C.E. Jehovah permits this so as to discipline the Israelites because of their unfaithfulness.  However, the Babylonians fail to recognize the role that they are playing.  They treat God's people far more harshly than God's judgment requires.  (Isaiah 47:6, 7; Zechariah  1:15)  How it must hurt the true God to see his people suffer!  But he withholds  taking action until his due time.  Then, he labors-like a woman giving birth-to liberate his covenant people and brings them forth as an independent nation.  To accomplish this, in 539 B.C.E., he dries up and devastates Babylon and her defenses.

How thrilled God's people must be when, after so many years of exile, the way home finally opens up for them!  (2 Chronicles 36:22,23)  They must be delighted to experience the fulfillment of Jehovah's promise:  "I will make the blind ones walk in a way  that they have  not known; in a roadway that they have not known I shall cause them to tread.  I shall turn a dark place before them into light, and rugged terrain in to level land.  These are the things that I will do for them, and I will not leave them." -Isaiah 42:16.

How do these words apply today?  Well, for a long time now-for centuries-Jehovah has let the nations go their own way.  However, his appointed time for settling matters is close. In modern times he has raised up a people to bear witness in his name.  Leveling any opposition against them, he has smoothed the way  for them to worship;p him "with spirit and truth."  (John 4:24)  He promised:  "I will not leave them,"  and he has kept his word.  What of those who persist in  worshiping false gods?  Jesus says: "They must be turned back, they will be very much ashamed, those who are putting trust in the carved image, those who are saying to a molten image: "You are our gods.' " (Isaiah 42:17) How vital  that we remain faithful to Jehovah, as did his Chosen One!

Next time: 'A Servant Who Is Deaf and Blind'

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II,2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.