6.08.2018

Where Was God? - GOD IS VERY COMPASSIONATE


Can knowing that God understands our situation and feelings help us deal with adversity?  Consider what happened to Anna, from Nigeria.  "I questioned whether life was worth living because of my desperate circumstances," she explains.  "I was a widow caring for my daughter, who was in the hospital with hydrocephalus (excessive fluid in the brain), when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. It was extremely difficult for me to handle being in the hospital at the same time that my ailing daughter was." 

What helped Anna to cop?  "I pondered over scriptures such as Philippians 4:6, 7, which says that 'the pace of God surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers.'  Each time this scripture came to mind, I felt a close personal bond with Jehovah, knowing that he understands me better than I understand myself.  I also received much encouragement from my beloved spiritual brothers in the Christian congregation. 

"Even though I still struggle with my health, my situation and that of my daughter have improved. Because we have Jehovah on our side, we have learned not to think  negatively when we have challenges.  James 5:11 assures us:  'We consider happy those who have endured.  You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome  Jehovah gave, that Jehovah is very tender in affection [or, "very compassionate"] and merciful."   Jehovah understood Job's situation perfectly, and we can be sure that he likewise understands any difficulties we go through.

Next time: Where Was God? - Suffering-Is It Punishment From God?

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.