10.29.2018

The Burning Bush


MOSES had come all the way to the mountain of Hor'eb to find grass for his sheep. Here he saw a bush on fire, but it wasn't burning up!

'This is strange,' Moses thought.  'I will go closer and get a better look.'  When he did, a voice came out of the bush, saying: 'Do not come any closer. Take off your sandals, because you are standing on holy ground.'  It was God speaking through an angel, so Moses covered his face. 

God then said: 'I have seen the suffering of my people in Egypt. So I am going to free them, and you are the one I am sending to lead my people out of Egypt.'  Jehovah was going to bring his people to the beautiful land of Ca'naan. 

But Moses said:  'I am nobody. How can I do this? But suppose I go. The Israelites will say to me, 'Who sent you?" Then what shall I say?' 

Next time: Conclusion of The Burning Bush

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.