10.24.2018

The Family Moves to Egypt


JOSEPH cannot control his feelings any longer. He tells all his servants to leave the room.  When he is alone with his brothers, Joseph begins to cry. We can imagine how surprised his brothers are, because they do not know why he is crying. Finally, he says: 'I am Joseph. Is my father still alive?' 

His brothers are so surprised that they can't speak.  They are afraid. But Joseph says: 'Please come closer.'  When they do, he says: 'I am Joseph, your brother whom you sold into Egypt.'

Joseph continues to speak in a kind way:  'Do not blame yourselves because you sold me here. It was really God who sent me to Egypt to save people's lives.  Phar'aoh has made me the ruler of the whole country.  So now hurry back to my father and tell him this.  And tell him to come and live here.'

 Next time: Conclusion of The Family Moves to Egypt

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.