11.10.2022

"Be Transformed by Making Your Mind Over" - "PUT ON THE NEW PERSONALITY" - Conclusion

 Although you have put away the old personality, it is important to cultivate the new one.  How can you do that?  Make it a goal to imitate Jehovah as you learn about his qualities.  (Ephesians 5:1, 2)  For example. when you read a Bible account that highlights Jehovah's forgiveness, ask yourself, 'Do I forgive others?'  When you read about Jehovah's compassion for those who have fallen on hard times, ask yourself, 'Do I have similar concern for fellow believers who are in need,  and do I show it by my actions?' Keep making your mind over by putting on the new personality, and be patient with yourself as you do so. 


Stephen mentioned earlier, found that he was gradually able to put on the new personality.  He says: "Since baptism, I have faced a number of potentially explosive situations.  I've learned  either to walk away from people who are trying to provoke me or to defuse the situation in other ways.  Many people, including my wife, have commended me on how I have handled these situations.  I've   even surprised myself!  I do not take credit for these changes in my personality. Rather, I believe that they are testimony to the transforming of the Bible." 


Next time: "Be Transformed by Making Your Mind Over" - KEEP BATTLING IMPROPER DESIRES


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.